Eddie Bitz is a producer from Russia who has been doing very well, and this month his track Echoes on Intricate Records was my favourite. The melody is so uplifting, yet with the vocal the track has a really bittersweet feel to it. It’s just beautiful.
A Part of Myself by Ezequiel Anile is the complete package. It has an addictive groove with perfect percussion and track progression, as well as a luscious breakdown. It’s out on the excellent Polish label Soundteller Records.
Supernova is a very dark ride from the outset, from Argentinian DJ and producer Cristian R. This one’s a bit of a monster!
Monojoke‘s take on Unique Girl by Robert R. Hardy is yet another massive remix from the well established Polish progressive powerhouse.
Aussie Luke Porter has turned out another great remix, of the atmospheric Osmosis by Argentinian duo FunkState.
Real life partners Amber Long & Robert Mason have put together a tune called Run Away, with Amber‘s bewitching vocals really making this one something special. It’s on Paul Hazendonk’s label MNL.
East Cafe has really come into his own recently in my opinion, and his original, entitled Peaks & Lows, is a great example of his experience in the genre. Huge sweeping bass and gorgeous melodies are on show here and really capture the feeling of flying over mountain tops and valleys.
Clear Mind is an unusual one, but I was enthralled from the very beginning. You’d be mistaken for thinking it was breaks at first, as Russian producer zweitausendeins Traum has taken a lot of liberties with the percussion. Definitely an interesting track, on the wonderful Clinique Recordings. Check out the remixes too.
I am seriously impressed by what is being released on Progressive House Worldwide, and Quiet Run by young German talent Soundslogic is no exception. Amazing stuff!
Balkan Connection South America have always got something different to entice me, and another pair of musicians from the hotbed of underground progressive house in Argentina have made my last track for this month’s chart. It’s called Chromachords and it’s by Soulkeys.
…and I’m broken inside…
…and I can’t release my mind…
01. Eddie Bitz – Echoes [Intricate Records]
02. Ezequiel Anile – A Part of Myself [Soundteller Records]
03. Cristian R – Supernova [Golden Wings Music]
04. Robert R. Hardy – Unique Girl (Monojoke Remix) [PHW Elements]
05. FunkState – Osmosis (Luke Porter Remix) [Temporum Music]
06. Amber Long & Robert Mason – Run Away [MNL]
07. East Cafe – Peaks & Lows [Proton]
08. zweitausendeins Traum – Clear Mind [Clinique Recordings]
09. Soundslogic – Quiet Run [Progressive House Worldwide]
10. Soulkeys – Chromachords [Balkan Connection South America]
>> Listen on Beatport
Also have a listen to these fantastic albums:
Da Funk (Various Artists) – Silk Textures 03 [Silk Textures (Silk Music)]
Dan Sieg – A Sense Of Wonder [Silk Music]
Evave (Various Artists) – Intricate Records Featured Artist [Intricate Records]
Janno Kekkonen – Deepest Trip [BQ Recordings]
Max Cue – Mindfulness [Manual Music]
Michael & Levan and Stiven Rivic (Various Artists) – Mistique Polarities [Suffused Music]
Mo’Funk – Connect The Thoughts [Majestic Family Records]
Phonic Scoupe – Seven Sins: Deluxe Edition [Stripped Recordings]
Sezer Uysal – 1 Body 2 Souls [Manual Music]
Clearly I have fallen behind a great deal with my charts, nearly a whole year. But I’ll do my best to catch up and we’ll see what happens.
Matter is an Australian producer and DJ who made some top notch tunes in 2014. His track Spore has been released on the premium Aussie label FutureForm Music and is very atmospheric. Love it!
Mocca Sunset has a great tribal feel with a melody that you will enjoy having stuck in your head. Simos Tagias has been at the top of my list of ones to watch recently, and his Counting the Days is a dark and driving piece of music that will really get you moving. It’s just so damn groovy.
Crossroads is another beautiful tune from the now legendary Andre Sobota. He’s used some distorted sounds to great effect and the lead is to die for. Monojoke’s remix of Eternal Sky features the hypnotic ambience and percussion he is well known for, with a subtle vocal that complements the song well. This one is a really solid production.
Jelly for the Babies worked up a lovely version of 3 Bridges, by Greek producer Josel. This is one of two tracks from Suffused Music that I’ve featured this month. It’s a great label and you can listen to their whole catalogue in full on YouTube.
Disclosure is a stunning, ambient soundscape and a bit of a departure from the dance floor fare. So is Qoob’s remix of Via Lactea. It sounds like something straight out of the Metroid Prime soundtrack, a Nintendo game I’m very fond of.
F-Act has put together a gorgeous piece with his take on Another Evolution, also on Suffused Music.
As the name suggests, Fusion Field could be mistaken for industrial techno until you hear the melody and that bass line come in. Irishman Cristior has done a really good job on this original and it’s a nice way to finish my top 10 for September.
01. Matter – Spore [FutureForm Music]
02. Mike Griego & Stas Drive – Mocca Sunset [Flow Vinyl]
03. Simos Tagias – Counting the Days [Massive Harmony Records]
04. Andre Sobota – Crossroads [Mesmeric]
05. Pavlin Petrov & Graham Lloris feat. Miwa – Eternal Sky (Monojoke Remix) [Never Too Late]
06. Josel – 3 Bridges (Jelly for the Babies Remix) [Suffused Music]
07. Hugo Ibarra & Uvo – Disclosure [E Sound Records]
08. Tech D – Via Lactea (Qoob Remix) [Magic Room]
09. Platunoff – Another Evolution (F-Act Remix) [Suffused Music]
10. Cristior – Fusion Field [Lowbit]
>> Listen on Beatport
These albums from September are also worth checking out:
Audio Noir – Almost Famous [Bonzai Progressive]
Experimental Feelings – Unspoken Words [Mystic Carousel Records]
Roald Velden – Last Flight Home [Portrait Digital]
As you can see, after much delay I decided not to go with the seasonal chart. It was impractical due to how much music I add to my Beatport cart and I also realised I did not feel good about charting less music!
I’ll try to catch up with my monthly charts as quickly as I can. Rest assured there will be many brilliant tunes featured.
The Italian progressive genius, Gai Barone, is in fine form this month with an original in the top spot and his remix of Vanilla a close second.
Involved, by Andre Sobota, is a piece that will evoke some deep feelings. What a wonderfully beautiful production.
Phonic Scoupe are bringing back the vocal, dance floor progressive sound with their remix of Spell and Dar & Dor will take you on an epic journey with BluePop.
01. Gai Barone – Chasing Karol
02. Phi Phi & Airwave – Vanilla (Gai Barone Remix)
03. Andre Sobota – Involved
04. Soulhoppers – Spell (Phonic Scoupe Remix)
05. Dar & Dor – BluePop
06. AudioStorm – Cosmic Interference (Ewan Rill Remix)
07. Psychowsky – Heartbeat (Scott Williams ‘Lovers’ Remix)
08. Kaban & White Resonance – Messier
09. Soulwerk – The Lost Paradise (Kastis Torrau & Donatello Remix)
10. AudioStorm – Island
>> Listen on Beatport
This will be my last monthly chart. From now on I will post a seasonal chart every three months.
I’m happy to say that July was yet another huge month for the progressive sound!
In the top spot is a gorgeous piece of music by Estonian producer Janno Kekkonen, on the excellent Clinique Recordings.
LoQuai’s beautiful and haunting remix of Platunoff’s production You Don’t Know is up next, followed by Aussie Matter’s remix of Somber on Stellar Fountain.
July also heralds the return of the legendary Yunus Guvenen to the progressive house scene, with a remix by Guy J on his own Lost & Found label, while Ewan Rill gives us another excellent dance floor number with his popular remix of Synaptic Transfer.
01. Janno Kekkonen – Deep Blue Plant
02. Platunoff – You Don’t Know (LoQuai Remix)
03. D.X.Xavier – Somber (Matter Remix)
04. Yunus – Meeting Molly (Guy J Remix)
05. Silicon Syndicate – Synaptic Transfer (Ewan Rill)
06. Oscar Vazquez – My Way (Sonic Union Remix)
07. Lonya & Alley Cat – Bedtime Stories
08. Ewan Rill & Anton Ttx – Reason To Live (Magnetic Brothers Dream Mix)
09. Kaban – The Future Is Here (Monojoke Remix)
10. Nevee – So Intentional
>> Listen on Beatport
Better late than never, here are my top 10 tracks for June. It sure was tough narrowing them down this time.
Kastis Torrau has been on the warpath lately and with Arnas D he has made a bass heavy original track that will destroy dance floors. Yet another excellent release on Sound Avenue.
Andre Sobota has produced a haunting and surreal remix of Darin Epsilon’s All That Could Have Been, really making the most of the stunning vocals.
Ewan Rill is guaranteed to get you moving with his remix of It’s Time To Go, while Dale Middleton’s remix of Hurt on Clinique is the perfect soundtrack for the early hours of the morning.
Last but not least, Juan Deminicis provides us with another excellent dance floor track on Guy J’s label Lost & Found. The whole record is brilliant, so check it out.
01. Kastis Torrau & Arnas D – Eye
02. Darin Epsilon – All That Could’ve Been feat. Ghost WARS (Andre Sobota Remix)
03. Da Luka – It’s Time To Go (Ewan Rill Remix)
04. East Cafe – Hurt (Dale Middleton Remix)
05. Juan Deminicis – Feel
06. Nicolas Petracca – Echoes From Outer Space
07. Platunoff – Open Your Eyes (Simos Tagias Remix)
08. Diego Azocar – Coming Back To Life
09. Nikolay Mikryukov – Forgotten Space (Dmitry Molosh Remix)
10. David Podhel – Dancing In The Dark
>> Listen on Beatport